Friday 26 March 2010

The Moving Imp

I am itching to share various artworks, but am having to wait until publication dates come along. Meantime I was sorting through my storage drawers, in response to a sales enquiry, and I stumbled upon the pencil sketch I made for a new address card when we moved about 3 years back. I thought it was a fun piece that having emerged from the bottom of a pile of paintings could step out into the world a little further.

The Moving Imp
20 x 28 cm, graphite on cartridge paper.
Original artwork for sale: £50

7 comments:

  1. That might be me tomorrow if I go and help my sister move three blocks away from where she is now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol cool, very complex scene in some ways, its very well executed, love the design of the Imp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    Cacodaemonia: I tried to put in lots of references to our home life - that's my drawing board the Imp is carrying on it's back. he certainly proved helpful, if a little clumsy ;)

    Gordon; Hope your Sister's move went smoothly, and your backs still okay :)

    JG; Thanks very much. I am thinking of revisiting this to make a more generic image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awsome ahahaha everything incuding the Kitchin Sink!! I love it.The only thing I feel it's missing is a Rubber Ducky To represent Your little one, Then the whole family will be there. Please keep it up and happy drawing to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Nikola - good point, but this was drawn in pre-Leo days, otherwise he would definitely have been referenced ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Ralph. I'm just about recovered, and it was exactly like this picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gordon - glad you're getting over it :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.